The Halliday-Hasan International Scholarship for ISFC 47
The Halliday-Hasan International Scholarship Programme under The Halliday-Hasan International Fund for the Study of Language and Other Systems of Meaning (HHIFUND) invites post-doctoral scholars, within 5 years of graduation and from Africa, Latin America, Asia (except for Japan), the Pacific and Mainland China, to apply for scholarship funds to participate in the 47th International Systemic Functional Congress (ISFC 47) to be held at the University of Shenzhen, Guangdong Province, People’s Republic of China, during 13th-17th July, 2020.
Applications will be considered according to the following criteria:
1) the quality of the submitted conference abstract, including relevance of the abstract to the conference theme (as assessed by the ISFC 2020 Abstract Review Committee);
2) the quality of scholarly contributions to SFL research and innovation (to be highlighted in the “A short biodata” section in the application form appended below);
3) two referees’ endorsements of the applicant: for example, a supervisor/colleague and another senior colleague (see the application form);
4) evidence of funding need (see the application form);
The application form, which is appended in this announcement, should be submitted at the same time as the abstract.
A sub-committee of the ISFC2020 Academic Committee will choose a short list of applicants by 15 February, 2020 and invite these applicants to submit the following by 15 March, 2020:
6) WORD and PDF versions of their full papers with abstracts and keywords;
7) the scanned photo & personal message pages of their passport;
These materials should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org and upload them here below for reviewing by 15 March 2020.
Two to four scholarship winners of ISFC 47 in 2020 will be selected and announced as soon as possible after 15 March, 2020. Air tickets will be purchased by the Fund and the itineraries will be sent to the awardees.
Preferred Air Company
Dates of travel
Evidence of funding need
Approximate amount of financial support for travel (ECONOMY CLASS)
(education background, working experience and major publications if any; about300 words)
Title of paper, abstract, keywords
(Abstract should be about 300 words, including the why, what, how, main points and conclusions, headed with 3 groups or phrases of key points of paper, each less than 100 letters/characters, including spaces and punctuation marks.)
Referee 1's endorsement and comment
Referee 2's endorsement and comment
Scholarship Appendix ： H-H Scholarship .pdf